Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Things We Can Learn from A Dog
Sometimes, finding better balance in our day can be as simple as spending time with a favorite pet. Let's take a moment to remember some simple things we can learn from our furry canine friends:
1. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
2. Allow the experience of fresh air and wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
3. When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
4. When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
5. Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
6. Take naps and stretch before rising.
7. Run, romp, and play daily.
8. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
9. Be loyal.
10. Never pretend to be something you're not.
11. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
12. When someone's having a bad day, be silent, sit close and nuzzle gently.
13. Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
14. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
15. On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
16. When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
17. If you’re scolded, don't pout... run right back and make friends.
18. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
19. Learn to adapt to change quickly and naturally.
20. Appreciate those people who can scratch the itch you can’t reach.
Amazing what our animal friends can teach us!